Above all else, remember to follow the cardinal rule: “don’t be a douchebag”.
- We are following the Dungeons & Dragons 5e ruleset.
- All core Wizards rule material (i.e., not Unearthed Arcana) is available by default.
- Unearthed Arcana, third party material and homebrew will be allowed by the DM on a case-by-case basis.
- Player characters should use the standard array for ability scores; i.e., 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, arranged as desired.
- All alignments are allowable, but player characters must play nicely in a team. PCs that are no longer able to be with the party due to alignment or other issues will become NPCs.
- All characters receive maximum HP at 1st level. Average hit points (rounded up) are gained thereafter (i.e., 4 for d6, 5 for d8, 6 for d10, 7 for d12).
- All characters receive equipment according to their class and background.
- Standard backgrounds are all acceptable. Custom or modified backgrounds are generally allowable, but please check with the DM first.
- Feats are in play and are allowed to be taken. Humans should follow the “variant human” ruleset.
- All players should roll on the trinkets table in the PHB (feel free to re-roll if your initial trinket is not to your taste).
Before playing, please provide the DM with the following:
- A character sheet filled out in any digital format you like; for example, an official PDF, a character page on Obsidian Portal, a character generated on OrcPub2, or whatever else suits you.
- Some ideas of your character’s personality, background, and motivations. You do not need much more than a basic idea, but the more detail you provide, the more your character can be woven into the fabric of the game. You can also come up with things as you play and broach them over time (either during game or in private).